We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

hello,

Can anyone reccomend where to get some really good pizzza in Rome, and or some nice casual places to eat some really good food?

Thanks!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

Good Pizza......everywhere!!! But I am sure others will be more helpful. I liked them all and I am not a big Pizza lover.

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

I'm sure your right!

I was just hoping to get some good suggestions on where to eat...sometimes people like to share their favorites.

so far no such luck??

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

There are a ton of good places. There was a small tiny place near my apt. in Trastevere that was outstanding and I have no idea what the name of it is. Just follow the locals and you will be fine.

I did like Montecarlo. Very busy, go for the pizza not the atmosphere. I went with a roman friend and the place was packed. It's near Piazza Navona.

Keep in mind the pizza there is not like the american stuff. Thinner crust and usually fewer toppings.

illinois
Level Contributor
392 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

Hi TQ...

I agree - all the pizza in Rome was awesome! And we are Chicago pizza snobs - it just doesn't get any better than here!

Last March we spent a week in Asia before heading to Rome. We loved the food in Asia, but the pizza was so delicious we ate it at almost every meal. We didn't find many pizza offerings in Asia!

It is a nice thin, chewy crust with the freshest sauces and cheeses you have ever tasted!

A nice salas, a glass of wine and PIZZA! I can't wait to go back!

Claudia

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

thanks for the suggestions!

our hotel is in Trastevere, do you remember a general area that pizza place was in??

illinois
Level Contributor
392 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

TQ....

We were told to try to avoid the restaurants that were "right on the Piazzas". The little joints in the alleys were where we found the best food and atmosphere.

Sorry I can't give you specific names, but trust me you will know just by peeking in the window when you have stumbled upon a gem!

C

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

I can recommend one place - if you're facing the Pantheon, walk down the alley on the left side heading toward the back of the Pantheon. There's a little pizzeria there. I ate there twice about a year ago - both times plenty of locals were there, not just tourists. I don't know if it was the BEST pizza in Rome, but I will say it was awfully darned good!

I did have some really lousy pizza once, in a somewhat larger place in an alley just off the piazza in front of the Trevi Fountain. The crust was like cardboard. Really, really bad pizza.

Johnston, Iowa
Level Contributor
210 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

Da Baffeto - hands down our very favorite pizza in Rome. 114 Governo del Vecchio (I believe). It is located on a side street that empties into Piazza Navona. Not fancy, but wow was it good! We ate there three times while in Rome last fall!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

I have heard great things about Da baffeto...their kids own montecarlo.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where's the BEST pizza in Rome?

Da Baffetto is probably my favourite, but expect to have to share your table with total strangers – it’s a great way to meet new people. La Montecarlos is also good, as are Da Francescos and Dal Paino. Best pizza we had in November was at Dal Paino – for once it even eclipsed Da Baffetto!

Mmmmm, pizza!

Ciao a tutti, Jane