We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling with animals

Groton, CT
2 posts
Save Topic
traveling with animals

My husband and I are military and plan to be stationed in Gaeta next year. We plan to travel up with 2 of our cats, because we have been informed only 2 animals per family will be allowed to fly up at one time. We are already aware of quarantine necessities. However, we have one more cat we would like our visiting relatives to fly up. Would that be allowed, and when we return to the U.S. several years later, will we be able to get all 3 cats back into the states?

Earth
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling with animals

I do believe that restriction is set by Military travel, they only allow 2 pets to travel with you. You can always pay to send the other pet to you by a family member via air (I don't recommend it). The biggest problem you might have is trying to find a place to stay with that many pets, also make sure that the place you are staying in temporary awaiting housing allows pets. I live in Gaeta for 15 years, if you have any other questions please feel free to email me.