We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Hello

my companion and i are looking to spend a few days on the island of Procida. We plan on flying from Berlin into Naples and then taking a ferry to the island.

i am having a bit of a hard time navigating and finding details on the ferry information from Naples to Procida.

Also, the one flight we were looking at would have us leave Naples at 8:40 in the morning. do the ferries run early enough? or should we try and accomodate otherwise and mayvbe stay in naples the night before.

any information is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Procida Island
Procida Island
Province of Naples, Italy
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Naples
Naples
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Hiya,

Ferry info isn't always that clear. I think most (all?) of the Procida ferries go on to Ischia afterwards. This is a link (in Italian, unfortunately, but it's a timetable, I think it's pretty clear) to the Caremar timetable for Napoli - Procida www.caremar.it/pages_it/orariloaded.asp… 'Aliscafi' are hydrofoils, while the 'navi' are just ordinary big ferries. If you click on the arrow under 'tariffe' it will tell you the fare.

There might be other ferry companies but I'm not sure. Caremar seem to run quite a lot though. I'm not sure why the times come up in an odd order, maybe I'm just being dense! But it doesn't look like there's an early enough ferry for your flight, not taking into account getting across Naples and having to check in an hour before.

Incidentally, I wouldn't bother buying tickets in advance, you can do it v.easily at the port in Naples. Just go to the "Caremar" window at the ticket offices (down a couple of steps to the right of the big departures board).

Hope that helped.

Mentioned in this post
Procida Island
Procida Island
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Naples
Naples
Berlin
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Hi there,

My husband and I are doing exactly the same thing on Friday the 11th. Any tips? How do you get from the airport to the ferry and was the ferry very crowded/ any complications with tickets?

Thanks!

J

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Dear coffee_jones,

Mon-Fri locals from Procida tend to commute to Napoli Molo Beverello or Napoli Mergellina Porto in the morning and head back home in the evening so I don't think you'll have too many problems finding a boat. One might find that the evening ferries from Napoli to Procida might be more crowded with commuters than the earlier ones before 5pm.

You could take a cab from Napoli Capodichino Airport to Molo Beverello which could cost around €16 or so. You can also take the Alibus from the cement island to the right as you exit Napoli Capodichino Airport. You pay the driver €3 when you board and you get off at the 2nd and last stop which is Piazza Municipio. You then walk down toward the water, cross the streets at the stoplight, and you'll be at Molo Beverello:

http://www.unicocampania.it/ita/alibus.htm

As Vicki2005 mentioned, buying tickets shouldn't be a problem. You can check the timetable for the next boat to Procida and head toward the company's ticket offices under the roof which reads, "Molo Beverello."

SNAV also runs ferries and hydrofoils/aliscafi (faster) from Napoli. I'm not sure how reliable these times are(sometimes agencies print incorrect times and we arrive at the port only to learn that we've missed the boat which left at an earlier time than that listed on the web site), however, it can hopefully give you an idea about the frequency of boats from Napoli to Procida:

http://www.procida.net/orari1.htm

http://www.snav.it/index.php?m=procida

Buona Fortuna...

Mentioned in this post
Procida Island
Procida Island
Molo Beverello
Molo Beverello
126 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Berlin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Hey kkushiba1 on behalf of coffee_jones (I'm her caffeinated husband). Thank you for the very specific directions.

We'll try the bus to the port and hop the ferry to procida.

Thanks!

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

Dear Mr &Mrs Coffee_Jones

It looks like you'll be in Napoli when practically all the museums archeological sites will be free from May 12 - May 20, 2007:

beniculturali.it/sala/…

www.beniculturali.it/eventi/risultati.asp…

I really hope you make your ferry connection to Procida without any problems. When you're at Molo Beverello, the big timetable with be lit up with ship/boat destinations, the company offering the service, and the platform number. Then you just head down some steps to where all the ticket windows are and hopefully, you can buy your ticket without any problems (bad weather, big tour groups having booked the same boat, etc).

If anyone looks shifty and asks for money, feel free to ignore them. We were at Molo Beverello one early morning in Jan and a man with a home-made-looking unit consisting of a gas mask attached to a tube connected to a box on his back strapped on like a backpack was limping and asking people for money. However, we could have sworn that his limp switched legs periodically.

Buon Viaggio...

Mentioned in this post
Procida Island
Procida Island
Molo Beverello
Molo Beverello
126 Reviews
Naples, Italy
6. Re: Ferries from Naples to Procida and back....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Procida Island