We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport with the 3 day card

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
transport with the 3 day card

Hi we are thinking about buying the three day sightseeing card. It apparently includes transport does anyone know how the transport works? Can we use the trains and where can we go with it? Is it worth buying this card?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport with the 3 day card

The transport part includes buses, metro, trams and also Trenitalia suburban trains within the area of the Comune di Roma (Rome City Council). You cannot use it to visit other places.

Whether it is worthwhile depends on which museums you intend to visit and how much use you will make of public transport. You have to do the maths.

UK
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport with the 3 day card

See this very recent thread on the same topic

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187786-i1888-k6…

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport with the 3 day card

Hi sorry I should have mentioned we are staying in pompeii, I assumed this was obvious because I was on the pompeii forum. An update would be helpful.Our plans are to visit Herculaneum, Vesuvius, the ruins at Pompeii , Oplontis, and the Museum of Archeology in Naples. There are six of us and I am trying to work out if the travel card will cover this area.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport with the 3 day card

The link modemUK provided has information about the 3 day ArteCard (Post #2), here's another:

tripadvisor.com/…36524083

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport with the 3 day card

Thankyou that explains everything clearly

6. Re: transport with the 3 day card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pompeii