We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Zuienkerke, Belgium
Level Contributor
27 posts
435 reviews
Save Topic
visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Hello,

me and my wife are visiting pompeii this spring, and as we are enchanted by all what is roman culture, we are very looking forward to visit next to Pompeii itself also the 4 other 'lost cities' (herculaneum oplontis stabia boscoreale).

Could anyone tell me how much time I should count in to visit all 5? Is it doable in lets say 3 days max?

I also read that there is some kind of ticket to visit all 5 destinations for 1 fee. Can I purchase this at the sites?

thanks a lot!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Pompeii is huge and would account for at least a 1/2 day. Herculaneum is much more compact, say 2-3 hrs. When I visited Oplontis a couple of years ago, had the place to myself (late September), maybe 1.5 hrs. Haven't made it to Stabia and Boscoreale yet.

There is a ticket for 20 Euro which covers all five. www.pompeiisites.org

There's also a 3 day Artecard for 27 Euro which also includes transport.

tripadvisor.com/…43686522

Edited: 8:45 am, January 26, 2013
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Sorry, forgot to add some info regarding the 3 day ArteCard, the first 2 sites are 'free', the 3rd and subsequent are 50% off. Pompeii & Herculaneum are 11 Euro each = 22 Euro, the others are nominal entrance fees.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

"herculaneum oplontis stabia boscoreale"

It all depends on hwo mcuh time you want to spend. I have spent all day at both Herculaneum and Oplontis. Over a 2 year period I spent 4 days in Pompeii.

Oplontis and Herculaneum are easily reached by public transport. Boscoreale and Stabia are not easily reached by public transport and from what I read feature walks of over 2 miles from a Circumvesuviana stop. I read online that they are more easily reached if you rent a car (whihc I have never done in the Bay of Naples).

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

What we visited in one day at Pompeii

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

One day at Herculaeum

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Zuienkerke, Belgium
Level Contributor
27 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

thank you both for the (fast) answers!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Has anyone purchased the combined site seeing ticket with transport and what type of transport does it cover. Can we travel on the trains?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

These links/threads have the info:

tripadvisor.com/…46801006

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

Only the 7 day Arte Card features transportation. The 3 day card does not. The 7 day art card does cover transport on the Circumvesuviana.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

tripadvisor.com/…36524083

Post #1 from GAC, covers both sites & transport on the Circumvesuviana & SITA bus in the Campania Region.

The ArteCard site shows for 27 Euro you get access to the sites (1st & 2nd free, subsequent 50% off) and Unico 3T pass (2 separate cards in packet).

There's another type of ticket, for 20 Euro, which gets you access to the five - no transportation included.

10. Re: visit to herculaneum pompeii oplontis stabia boscoreale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pompeii