We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Just found out that the path is blocked east of Nocelle. You can go at your own risk. Does anyone have any information on this. Is it possible. Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Yes, I discovered that it is officially closed, which means that it is dangerous. From what I understand, if something happens, we are liable... I am looking into other paths and they seem quite nice too. Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41,759 posts
674 reviews
2. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Thanks for the update, how often is it blocked off?

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
179 posts
208 reviews
3. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

I'm not sure about the timing of these posts but we did the path from Bomerano to Nocelle on June 6 and there was no problem or sign of problems!

Edited: 8:08 am, July 04, 2018
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Here is one example of the articles you can find about the fact that the Path is officially closed. However, many tourists keep on using it still. It all depends on what knid of toursit and risk taker you are. I have decided to be a respectful and responsible tourist. I trust that if it is closed, even if it is a specific small part in somewhere, it means there is a risk. Apprently, rains have done a lot of damage. It is not worth it for me and my family.

https:/…

Scranton...
Level Contributor
693 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

sonia-ottawa, unfortunately the article you linked to is from back on March 10, 2018. That doesn't tell anyone anything about the current state of the path, and whether it is currently open or closed. I'd give more weight to first-hand accounts like Mei-Mei posted than a news story that's 4 months old.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

Yes, that article is not new, it's just the first one I came accross. I know I did my research, and the Path is officially closed, even though it is open and people do use it. I am sure anyone can find that inforamtion as well with some research.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
179 posts
208 reviews
7. Re: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )

On June 6, there were absolutely no signs at all of the path being closed or limited. Along the route there were maybe three washed out areas roped off: folks had simply made new paths alongside.

I had read about washed out sections from last summer as well but also more recent info about it being fine.

I am a former journalist and would say that article is dubious at best: note that it refers to the path between Positano and Capri. That's pretty tough!

Reply to: Path of God. (Sentiero degli Dei )
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted