We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Car

Giusy
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Renting a Car

two questions - can you answer them? coming from the united states, what measures must i take to legally drive in Italy? do I need a special license?

and secondly, what have you found is the best way to get a good rate over in Naples? I have never rented internationally.

Thank you so much

~ Giusy

Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a Car

There is really no international license per say but you should go to AAA and get the international permit they offer, then you will also have to make sure you have your US drivers license with you. If you are stopped it is best you have both. I just used carjet.com for a week in Spain and the rates are unbelievable, $147. for a week w/no extra charges for anything !! I have not used it in Italy though, but it ios worth checking out ! Be aware though it is next to impossible to park in Naples unless your hotel offers it and most do not so check on that first. Have a wonderful time in a wonderful city !!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,689 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a Car

Check with consolidators like autoeurope. Renting a car in Italy is expensive, and it's advisable to take the CDW offered by the rental company, even if you are covered by your own credit card.

3. Re: Renting a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 13, 2009