We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum reservation

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Benton, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Museum reservation

Hello,

My wife and I will be the Naples area in late September and want to go to the National Archaelogical Museum in Naples. Is a reservation recommended? Does anyone know anything about Selectitaly.com to make the reservations? Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Jerry

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,275 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum reservation

I wouldn't waste your time or money making an advance reservation for that museum. It's a great museum, but does not draw huge crowds like the Borghese in Rome and the Uffizi in Florence, so you don't need to worry about prebooking.

However, once you get to the museum entrance, if you are interesting in also visiting the "gabinetto segreto" (the small gallery where they have erotic items from Pompeii) you should make a reservation at the desk. They have tours of the gabinetto in different languages, including English, but most are in Italian. As I recall, you have to sign up in advance to get in this small gallery within the museum, but you just do it at the museum entrance.

Benton, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum reservation

QQ2,

Thank you for your prompt and thoughtful response. I'll take your suggestion.

Best regards,

Jerry

Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum reservation

A wonderful museum but be sure to check the days open and times. I am not positive but I think they are closed on Tuesday.........I showed up at the door and they were closed ---so it is not like in the states where everything is open seven days a week !! Check though to be sure. And enjoy this amazing city !!

4. Re: Museum reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 13, 2009