We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Naples To Rome

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Naples To Rome

Hello --

I was hoping somebody could provide me with some advice. I will be flying into Naples -- would like to travel to Rome for 6 days -- and then come back to Naples in order to visit the Amalfi coast. What would be the best way to get from Naples to Rome? I saw some posts about taking a motorized coach which would be great, but can't understand the website, it was all in italian :) What about the train? What train station in Naples is nearest the airport? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Naples To Rome

Dear ewarke,

If you'd like to take a train, you could take the Alibus to Piazza Garibaldi and then walk toward the Napoli Centrale FS Train Station. Alibus costs €3 and you pay the driver when you board. The bus stops to the right under the partially covered island. You can get off at the first stop and then walk around a couple of blocks. Watch out, it's very crazy with car/bus traffic, thousands of pedestrians (watch your wallet/purse) and construction going on. In any case, you might opt to take an A train (Alta Velocita`), Eurostar (ES), or Intercity Plus train from Napoli Centrale or Napoli Piazza Garibaldi (station down the escalators) to Roma Termini. It should take around 1.5-2 hours. You could look at following web site to figure out what trains might be available the day/night when you arrive:

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

Here's the link for the Alibus:

http://www.unicocampania.it/ita/alibus.htm

For the record, the other FS train station in Napoli are Mergellina and Campi Flegrei.

Buona Fortuna...

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Naples To Rome

Dear ewarke,

By the ways, when I mentioned that the bus stops to the right, I meant that as you exit Napoli Capodichino Airport you can walk to the right toward the partially covered cement island to catch the Alibus.

Buona Fortuna...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Naples To Rome

We caught the Eurostar train to Rome from Naples and it was a good trip. Nice scenery and very relaxing.

4. Re: Transportation from Naples To Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 13, 2009