We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence, naples and sorrento help please

Mirfield
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Florence, naples and sorrento help please

hi, advice needed please?

I am currently planning a trip to Italy, we arrive in venice in July , we are having four nights in Venice and have booked our hotel. then we plan to get the train from Venice to Florence. now this is where I need our advice; to start with we had planned 3 nights in Florence then train to sorrento for 6 nights. however when researching and finding way too many things to see and do I'm thinking the following;

4 nights in Florence so we can train to Pisa one day and do a wine tour to Tuscany countryside another day then then early train to naples, leave luggage in naples and spend day in naples before train down to sorrento. then in sorrento for 5 nights. does intinary sound doable or is their any flaws in it? advice much apprieciated , there is so much to see.

also when in sorrento we are thinking of going across to Capri one day . then a full day trip up to Pompeii and mount vervoius.

thank you and look forward to your replys.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
Campaniaguide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Italy Limousine
Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Insolitaguida
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
uk
Level Contributor
596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence, naples and sorrento help please

Really, Sorrento is a lovely tourist trap, only worth a day's visit, there isn't that much there in terms of history or sights.

Naples is fascinating, and you can do Pompeii and Capri just as easily from there.

You can spend a full day in the Archeological museum, seeing all the treasures of Pompeii, better than a train from Sorrento and getting a few rushed hours.

Plus the food is a fraction of the price, and far better, and you get to mingle with real Italians, rather than a herd of other tourists, we found the local people to be helpful and friendly.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Naples
Naples
Pompeii
Pompeii
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence, naples and sorrento help please

Frankly i would base myself in Sorrento for that part of your trip nice place maybye a tourist trap but Naples i would avoid if i could just my view.As for your Tuscany trip you will love Florence Sienna and Lucca nearby good bus and train links to there enjoy Italy a lovely place to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Naples
Naples
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
3. Re: Florence, naples and sorrento help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 04, 2015