We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

We are flying into naples on 29th Dec for three days. We want to visit Sorrento, Pompeii, Herculaneum etc, so will be hopping on and off of the Circumvesuviana trains. On the napoli unplugged website (napoliunplugged.com/naples-circumvesuviana-r…), they give the following link for the train timetable:

eavcampania.it/web/…sorrento_0.pdf

Does anyone know it this is the correct current timetable, valid for this winter? When i go directly to http://www.eavcampania.it/web and type in my travel info, it gives me different train times!!

Pls advise!!

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
Hotel Herculaneum
Hotel Herculaneum
460 Reviews
Ercolano, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

It shouldn't change much - it is not a train for tourists primarily; it is local commuter train making many stops for locals who live in the area who, obviously, need it year round.

I have found the trains to run about 20-30 minutes to any of the locations mentioned - It isn't like you are going to be stranded unless they have a worker action/strike or something.

I'd just confirm times when you get there; while there was a schedule, I found they didn't really usually run right to the second per the schedule.

Personally, for purposes of checking, I'd use the website vs the PDF schedule as the site is live, so to speak.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,195 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

That's the correct website. I just tried a dummy booking for Dec. 29 from Naples to Sorrento and there were no issues pulling up train options. It lists a train every half hour. I'm not sure what you mean by " it gives me different train times!!" Can you be more specific?

Donna

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

Thank you both of you! Its good to know they are so regular.

To the second post, what i meant is that earlier when i typed in random examples to see if the chart was correct, the results it brought back differed slightly or missed options out. but its fine, because we'll use it as a guide, thank you!

uk
Level Contributor
596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

Are you staying in Naples or Sorrento?

Pompeii and Herculaneum will be very impressive, even better without the crowds but Sorrento is a tourist town, very pleasant, but a lot of it will probably shut down after the package season has closed.

A better bet would be to visit the Archeological museum in Naples, the historic centre, or get a ferry and spend a day on one of the islands, Capri, Ischia or Procida.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Pompeii
Pompeii
Hotel Herculaneum
Hotel Herculaneum
460 Reviews
Ercolano, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Procida Island
Procida Island
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

ShawFamily - You're there for New Year's Eve? Try and spend it in Naples on the bay front - you won't believe the fireworks. I was there last NYE and I've never seen anything like it - it was out of this world!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
6. Re: Naples to Sorrento train winter timetable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 23, 2014