We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

My husband hates carrying luggage up & down in trains. We will arrive Caserta from Bari & then Trenitalia shows "Metropolitana" to get to Napoli Centrale. Then, of course, we'd have to take a taxi to our hotel on via Partnope (Santa Lucia seafront) from there.

Instead, how long does it take (with some traffic) & approximate cost to go via taxi (or car hire) from Caserta Train Staion directly to Hotel Royal Continental on via Partenope.

Are there any websites with costs or reference to services.

Edited: 1:54 pm, July 31, 2013
Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Caserta is an out of town destination so it will be expensive. There is no set fare from Caserta, it is a metered journey as I understand it.

You could call the taxi companies for a quote:

Consortaxi - +39 081 2222

Radio Taxi Napoli - +39 081 556 4444

I would estimate you would be paying around 80 to 100 euros. The metro is easy to use. It will take you straight to Napoli Centrale where you would hop off for a taxi to Santa Lucia/via Partenope. This will cost 13 euros and is a fixed fare.

The website Napoli Unplugged has information on taxis. Use the drop down menu on Transportation.

Edited: 8:00 pm, July 31, 2013
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Thank you for your reply. I know the Metro is easy, but I know my husband will not want us to carry 2 suitcases & 2 backpacks from 1 train & then into the Metro. (We go to Naples yearly so I am very familiar with the stations). I'll try Naples Unplugged also.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,959 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

It's not actually the Metro. It's a normal Regional train, though a few do run through to Napoli Mergellina which may be nearer your hotel. But the Trenitalia website shows "Metropolitana" because the fares used on these trains are the Unico Campania integrated fares rather than Trenitalia fares, and the website software isn't programmed for these.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Thanks all, found a car hire for 55Eu so we're happy we won't have to hassle or deal with taxis at the Napoli Centrale.

Tucson
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Hello, can you tell me the name of the car hire you found?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

It was City Airport Taxis

http://www.city-airport-taxis.com/

Let me know what kind of quote you get

Sorrento
Level Contributor
524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

60,00 euros according this

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,924 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Wow, I just took a look at the two companies in the last two posts for my trip later this month.

To get from Piazza Municipio in downtown Naples to the airport in a regular taxi is 19 Euro (fixed fare). By comparison, these companies quoted 30 Euro (transferrelax) and 44 Euro (city airport taxis). That's quite an upcharge and the only benefit I can see vs. a regular taxi is the convenience of booking on line ahead of time.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Private companies are different from taxis, allover the world is like this. When you need a small transportation taxis are cheaper, if you need another kind of services private companies are better

Edited: 3:44 am, January 30, 2014
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,924 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way & cost from Caserta train station to Naples seafron

Yes, I would always expect a private company to charge more but this is quite a lot more. For comparison the private car services in Rome that I've dealt with are only about 15% - 20% higher than the fixed rate for a taxi for a ride to/from downtown and FCO airport.