We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples side trips

Missouri
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Naples side trips

If you had one half and one full day in Naples what would you do as must sees? Three adults,two 70 one 34.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples side trips

The most obvious choice is Pompei; after that, I'd spend the rest of the time in Naples seeing the city.

New York
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples side trips

Depending on the time of year and the physical endurance of the two 70 year olds I wouldn't necessarily say that Pompeii is the most obvious choice. There are so many options of things to see and do in and around Naples it really depends on your interests. With only 1.5 days you could easily spend the whole time in Naples.

Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,323 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples side trips

Agree with MiriamLisa, there are so many options of things to see and do and it really depends on YOUR interests. This link, from the Top Questions to the right, gives you some options.

In September 2011, I spent a week in Naples and absolutely loved the city. I returned for 3 days in September 2012. You can quite easily spend 1.5 days in Naples alone.

If you do want to see Pompeii or Herculaneum (much smaller), the info is under the Top Questions.

Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
Missouri
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples side trips

What about Herculaneum and how would you get there? Also transport around Naples?

5. Re: Naples side trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2014