We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples to Sorrento

Dartford, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Naples to Sorrento

Our flight next week lands at 18.40 last bus is 19.30 will we make it if not what is best & quicket i.e. how much is taxi to train station??

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,984 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples to Sorrento

The fixed fare for a taxi from the airport to Napoli Centrale is 16 Euro. The Alibus is 3 Euro.

You can see the taxi fares here: …napoli.it/flex/…8729 (click on "visualizza le tariffe taxi")

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples to Sorrento

We've been through the airport and picked up visitors from there many times - if your flight isn't delayed, you'll be fine for that Curreri Viaggi bus.... which nowadays leaves from outside the Departures building, not Arrivals, as used to be the case!!!

From the same stop you can also take the "Alibus" to the Napoli Centrale station - tickets €3 each, from the driver. By that time of evening, perhaps taking 10 minutes more than a taxi?

Your trains to Sorrento are half-hourly, through until 21:41... but let's hope you're not delayed enough to need one!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Dartford, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples to Sorrento

Many thanks Peter & Elstra travels at least we know if we just miss the last bus to Sorrento there are still trains running and 16 Euros is just £13.50 for taxi to train station & should think worst case scenario we wont miss the last train !!

Dartford, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples to Sorrento

Peter,

Do you know how much the single fare train is from Naples central to Sorrento ? is it 3 euros per person ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples to Sorrento

It's now €4.10 or very close to that!

Timetables for train, and late night bus, here...

http://www.eavcampania.it/web/node/95

Peter

Dartford, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples to Sorrento

Peter,

Again many thanks. Our British Airways flight has been pushed back to 14.55 on the 16th May from 13.00 hrs and i only found out yesterday by the Groom to be, so i checked my booking and sure enough my flight out and return had been changed but i did not receive a single e mail from BA advising me!!

Lucky the wedding i am attending is the next day or i would of missed it !!

Peter you seem to have great knowledge of the Naples area i wondered if you could help me out please, as we will not be on the bus until 19.30 (we hope) can you reccomend some where reasonably priced where me & my wife cant eat out at around 21.00 hrs ?

Also the wedding will take out most of our time Friday, we have decided to take the ferry to Capri Island on the Sunday, could you provide me with prices & times of the ferry across from sorrento & also recommend a nice restaurant for lunch on the island please.

Many thanks.

7. Re: Naples to Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 10, 2014