We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newport beach
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

I will be arriving in Naples on a cruise ship in Oct. Could you please tell me how much a taxi to the national archaeological museum should cost R/T?

t

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

As far as I'm aware, that's not one of the journeys covered by the "Fixed Fare" scheme, so you'll pay by the meter - with daytime taxi fares based on €3.50 for the pick-up, and then €0.77 per kilometre... with a minimum total of €4.50. Slightly different rules apply if going through the restricted central area, however it shouldn't be more than €7 or so...

Waiting time is charged at €18 per hour, but you'll find plenty of taxis at the rank across the street from the museum's main entrance - so don't bother paying one to just sit there whilst you're inside!

For some further discussion, and alternatives, see also:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k63…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,734 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

It is easy to get a taxi back, but if you have the time it's a lovely walk back to the cruise port and easy as it's gently downhill. Total distance is about a mile and a half.

newport beach
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

Thank you, Peter As I hear so many horror stories about being robbed, I feel safer in a cab

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

NB, if you don't walk around with your possessions accessible to a robber, you, like any cautious traveler in any big city, will return to your ship without a horror story. There is no reason to take cabs to be safe, and you are at least as likely to get robbed getting in and out of a taxi as walking down the street if you are inattentive to the simple precauitions.

newport beach
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

Thanks again! I really appreciate your input!:) I have lived and traveled in many countries, but have not heard of as many incidents of tourist being robbed as there have been reported in Naples. And I feel safer avoiding a crowded situation whenever possible.

6. Re: Taxi from cruise terminal to museum of archaeology in Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 09, 2014