We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mode of transport to visit around sorrento

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
best mode of transport to visit around sorrento

i will be in sorrento in april and would like to visit pompei , naples and the amalfi coast. can anybody tell me the best mode of transport and how difficult is it to get around. ideally i would like to use public transport like metro, train/bus. how long does it take and also how much would did cost.are there any cheap day tickets and are they readily available

thanks..

Eichstätt, Bayern...
Level Contributor
778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best mode of transport to visit around sorrento

From Sorrento, for Pompei and Naples you can take the local commuter railway "Circumvesuviana" www.vesuviana.it

For the Amalfi Coast, you'll most likely take a SITA Bus from Sorrento. sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

During April, the ferry-boats along the Amalfi Coast should also be running, so you could integrate that together with the Bus, for example by taking a boat from Positano to Amalfi. coopsantandrea.com/en/…servizi.asp

Tickets in the Campania Region are in a unified Consortium, UnicoCampania (ferry boats are not included): www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best mode of transport to visit around sorrento

thanks most useful.

3. Re: best mode of transport to visit around sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 17, 2014