We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northallerton...
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Naples to Pompeii

We arrive in Naples about 7pm..are there plenty of trains to Pompeii area at this time??

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,958 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

There are trains of Circumvesuviana from 7.13pm to 9.41pm

vesuviana.it/web/…202012.pdf

The station of the Circumvesuviana which coincides with the main station of Naples is Napoli Garibaldi.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,917 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Are you planning to visit the archaeological site?

If I'm not mistaken the winter (Nov. through March) hours are 08:30 - 17:00 with the last admission at 15:30.

Northallerton...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

I'm trying to get on the marozzivt bus website but with no luck. Can anyone help. Needing to find out about travel from rome to sorrento Sunday 14th April for a family of 5.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

I hve visited Pompeii ruins in the winter. It closed at 5 pm. Are you goign to Pompei the modern town to overnight?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

"I'm trying to get on the marozzivt bus website but with no luck. Can anyone help. Needing to find out about travel from rome to sorrento Sunday 14th April for a family of 5"

The trains (Rome to Naples, then Naples to Sorrento) run more often than the Marozzi bus. I don't know what the weekend schedule is but even during the week and in the summer there was a bua at sometinjg like 8 am and another one at 2 pm.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Sue, you'll find a link to some helpful instructions for using the Marozzi site in the opening post here...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k545…

(Look further down, to reply #2, for contacting their agents - who can perhaps sell you tickets over the phone?)

But this is what you should eventually see for travel on that Sunday ("D" for Domenica in Italian),....

http://www.pbase.com/image/148872471

Their one departure of the day sets off from the Tiburtina bus depot in Rome at 7AM, reaching Sorrent around 10:45.

Tickets €18 one way, or €31 if also buying for the way back as well..... with none of the total of 57 seats on board booked at yet.

Give us another shout if having any difficulties!

Peter

Northallerton...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Many thanks, still can't get on the bus website but there seems to be a reasonable train so think we will do that

Northallerton...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Thanks for the helpful info. Think we will do the train as only 19€ so only a little more than the bus.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

Just what we would do - indeed almost anything rather than sit on a coach for all that time!

Quite possibly you've been before, but if not then this may be of help with the change from Trenitalia to the local Circumvesuviana trains once you've arrived in Naples:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k5220…

Peter

10. Re: Travel from Naples to Pompeii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 24, 2014