We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

For folks in the U.S., Bourdain's "No Reservations" show that airs Monday night is about Naples. Makes me wish I had cable TV.

Some slideshows and videoclips are available here:

travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/…Naples

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
United States
Level Contributor
10,019 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

There's also one listed for Sicily in the late afternoon.

TAB

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

The Sicily one is a few years old but still fun.

In the Naples ep, he goes to Pellone pizzeria. when he tweeted about it when he was there a few months ago I added it to my must-try list (it's just a few blocks from the station) and I have to say it was my least favorite (and most expensive) of the margherita pizzas I had in Naples, but maybe he got special treatment ;)

I'm excited, I think it will be a good episode. It's always fun when his (Italian) Wife joins him!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Thanks for the heads up, jjkdc! Although now I'll be hesitant to try Pellone after what debstah said, should still be entertaining.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Oh it was good don't get me wrong, and if you're near the station it's a good option I would say. but I enjoyed the ones I tried on via Tribunali (gino sorbillo, di matteo, etc),. more, and they were way cheaper. but I don't begin to be an expert either, LOL

Mentioned in this post
Sorbillo
Sorbillo
15,189 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Thx for the heads up Jeff and TAB, I'm DVR'ing both.

Thx to you to debstah for some pizza direction. Meeting a friend the 3th week of Sept for 6 days of enjoying Napoli :*))

Mentioned in this post
Napoli Suite
Napoli Suite
408 Reviews
Naples, Italy
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,713 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Pellone was not on my "to eat "list.

Neither was the other restaurant he went to Taverna del Buongustaio though it is listed in my Time Out Naples guide book.

Hmmm maybe I'll add it in? It seems like there are lots of good choices for food so not just the ones these visiting chefs make famous!

Mentioned in this post
La Taverna del Buongustaio
La Taverna del...
437 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Naples
Naples
Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

I was quite intrigued by the pasta genovese dish he had at Taverna del Buongustaio (it sounds delicious), so I googled and found out where it is. Looks like it's maybe all of a 60 second walk from the apartment I've picked out for my stay next spring. So I think I'll be going there.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if anything good could come out of throwing some tomatoes, meat, and lots of chopped onion into a crockpot to cook all day...

Mentioned in this post
La Taverna del Buongustaio
La Taverna del...
437 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Oh, and did you notice he didn't eat the crust of his pizza? I lost considerable respect for the guy when I saw that!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

Jeff, I'm not entirely sure about the crockpot... Try this recipe from a Neapolitan food writer:

www.lucianopignataro.com/articolo.php?pl=3221

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
229 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anthony Bourdain in Naples tomorrow night

@jjkdc: I also watched the video clip and was shocked to see he didn't eat his crust -- it's an eating habit he now shares in common with my 11-year old niece! Thanks for calling the program to our attention though, I will definitely try to watch the whole show tomorrow.

@ocpony: my niece and I heartily second debstah's recommendation of Gino Sorbillo on the via Tribunali for pizza. She had the margherita, I had the "Nonna Carolina", which is slathered in pesto. Yum!

Mentioned in this post
Sorbillo
Sorbillo
15,189 Reviews
Naples, Italy