We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get from Naples to Positano

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get from Naples to Positano

Train, bus, or what? Any help would be appreciated. thanks, John

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get from Naples to Positano

On public transport, this would be a train from Naples Station, Piazza Garibaldi, on the Circumvesuviana line that runs around the bay. Get out at Sorrento, the end of the line,takes about an hour. Outside Sorrento train station, the local buses leave for Amalfi, calling at Positano. cheap and efficient!

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get from Naples to Positano

We've done the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento then bus to hotel a couple of times. Interesting, but not the most enjoyable, especially if it's hot and/or crowded.

We've opted to have DriveAmalfi pick us up at the train station and drive us in air conditioned comfort in a nice Mercedes minivan to Praiano and our hotel. About 110 Euros for the 90 minute drive, but easy and comfortable.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get from Naples to Positano

You can go by ferry from Naples harbour straight to Positano. It costs around 10 euros, takes about an hour and a half and is a stunning trip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to get from Naples to Positano

MillyB:

How far is the train station to the ferry harbor? Can I walk to it -- and with luggage?

Also, can tickets for the ferry be purchased in advance? My train arrives 8:10am and the ferry leaves @ 8:45am. Not sure if I'll still make it, but buying it in advance might help with the timing.

Thanks for any help.