We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a good hotel near airport

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indore
1 post
Save Topic
need a good hotel near airport

i will be reaching naples in after noon and will be catching next morning flight at 6.50 am. pl suggest me a good class hotel nearest to naples airport.

thanks

sunil

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a good hotel near airport

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn, Centro Direzionale (behind the railway station in the modern business centre) for one night before a flight - a couple of times. It served us well - it's airconditioned, double glazed and you sleep well. I didn't like being in a skyscraper though - and I wouldn't stay there for a holiday, there's much more spectacular positions for a hotel in Naples with much better views !!! The area is just like business areas anywhere in the world - and isn't very exciting as there's no historic places to see / gardens etc. quite bleak really unless you're into skyscrapers, and glass lifts going up the outside of buildings. It's pedestrianised and you get the hotel airport shuttle service at the front door in the 'underground' area, which is really ground floor level with the rest of the city.

I can't remember for sure, but I think you can order the hotel shuttlebus the night before, for the time you need to be at the airport the following morning. There is also a free shuttle service from the hotel to the Napoli Centrale station and then on to the centre of the city (piazza Municipio) so if you wanted to - you could check in early, then go to the centre of Naples for a walkabout, an ice-cream and a coffee - have a look at the illuminated buildings, outside of the Royal Palace, the fountains, the Angevin castle etc. and have your evening meal at Brandi's where the Pizza Margherita was invented, and then catch the shuttle bus back to the hotel on your last night ! But do check all this with the hotel before booking - it was about five years ago when we were last there ! The shuttle services sold it to us. The inside is like a corporate hotel all over the world.

On a previous posting, Local Expert for Naples, Mozzarella Girl, suggested staying at the hotel right at the airport. If you go to the airport website www.gesac.it and click on English version and go to facilities/service, you'll find the link to the hotel or do a search for airport hotels and it should come up.

I have never stayed at the hotel at the airport that Mozzarella Girl suggests - you may find it more suitable - it depends. I had friends who used to live at Capodichino, in the days before double-glazing - and the mother used to suffer permanent migraines from the planes coming over - I'm not sure there's any respite at night either ! That's the only reason I've never tried a hotel near the airport ! But if it's double glazed, I expect it should be o.k. ! Best wishes, Nolana