We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry transportation for islands around Naples

New York, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Ferry transportation for islands around Naples

I am hoping to spend one day on the islands around Naples or Sorrento a day before I am scheduled to fly out of Naples. How reliable are the ferries in the area to get to my 2pm flight?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry transportation for islands around Naples

You mean you intend to spend one full day on an island and stay overnight (say, Wednesday and Wednesday night) before going to Naples the next day (in this case, Thursday) for a 2 pm flight? I don't think that would be a problem if you were staying on an island with regular ferry service to Naples, like Capri or Ischia. I think you would want to be at the airport by noon, so I would probably aim for a ferry due to arrive in Naples by 11, which should give you enough time to get a taxi and get to the Naples Airport, which is small and a pleasure compared to big airports. The only possible problem would be bad weather that stopped or delayed the ferries (but in that case your flight would hopefully also be stopped or delayed).

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry transportation for islands around Naples

It takes pretty bad weather to stop or even delay the big ferries from Ischia, as far as I know - they're big boats. I think weather stops / delays the hydrofoils more often, but even that's not common really.

In my experience Ischia - Naples ferries can easily be 5 - 10 minutes late, but rarely any more than that. But do leave yourself a good bit of time just in case.