We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excelsiore hotel naples italy

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
excelsiore hotel naples italy

I have now read three items involving robberies in front of the Excelsior hotel. Is this true? I s that a bad area??Gene

Corona
Level Contributor
474 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excelsiore hotel naples italy

genebeans,

Where did you read this? I have been looking for articles on this, but no luck.

Christi

washington dc
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excelsiore hotel naples italy

I suppose if you read about the reports, the robberies did happen, but I thought the Santa Lucia/Chiara neighborhoods were the nicest part of Naples. We just got back from our stay at Hotel Excelsior and had no problems whatsoever, and we typically returned from dinner around 11pm. I can't speak for what happens in the later hours, but it seemed like a very tame neighborhood. There were lots of kids sitting on the rocks by the water drinking and hanging out, but like I said, we had no problems.

If you do stay at the hotel, I recommend getting a room that faces the water. The view is fantastic!

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excelsiore hotel naples italy

Hi everybody,

the whole area sorrounding the Excelsior is one of the most beautiful of naples, and it includes other five stars hotels all located one beside the other (Vesuvio, Santa Lucia, Royal): yust along the promenade, seightseeing to Vesuvus and Posillipo, in front of the Castel dell'Ovo (one of the most visited places of Napoli) and the area where first inhabitants founded the city- so called Partenope- and then moved to the hill in front of, from where was born the "new town" - Neapolis, etc....

I mean in that area during 365 days for year there is at least one Police mobile station, it's the visit card of the city for all meetings, banquettings, congresses, and other official events (economic, financial, politic) and I think there will be at least twenty cameras recording images of that area.........

It seems to me very stupid try to rob someone there, but ........... depends on how much stupid are the robbed!!

Boston. Ma.
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: excelsiore hotel naples italy

Just returned. Stayed at the Royal next door and had absolutely NO problems...Never felt threatened or afraid at all. Use common sense.

5. Re: excelsiore hotel naples italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 27, 2009