We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Port - Central Railway Station

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship Port - Central Railway Station

Hi. This summer I am planning on going to Italy. How do I get from the Cruise Ship Port (I dont know the name of the port we're landing at . . .) to the Central Railway station? Would you recommend me walking there and is it safe to do so? If I take a taxi, approximately how much would it cost? Thanks a lot!!

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
257 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ship Port - Central Railway Station

the cruise ship port is called Molo Beverello and it's across from the Castel Nuovo. there are a couple taxi lines right there you could hop on to get to the train station - this is what i recommend for you. there is a printed set-price list on the back of their seats that tells the price for Beverello-to-Central Train Station, it should be 6-9euro, i think, unless you have luggage then officially you add .50 per bag, but they may try 1euro per bag. Insist on being charged the set price, period. if there isn't a lot of traffic, they may say that they'll use the meter - fine, as long as it's not over the set price.

the other options: public bus - not worth the hassle in your case; walking - too far; Alibus - a for-travellers bus line that only goes from the port to the train station to the aiport every 20 minutes or so... but it costs 3 euro per person and if there are two of you, it wouldn't be much cheaper than a taxi and you'd have to walk there with luggage... but if you decide to try the Alibus, the stop is right next to the entrance to the Castel Nuovo (not too far from the port), in the same little lot with the double-decker red tourist buses 'sightseeing napoli' or something like that...

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ship Port - Central Railway Station

From the port, there is a bus called Alibus that leaves every 15 minutes and takes you the the Central Railway Station.

Otherwise there are the taxi, but you have to be careful, ask before the price, usually is about 15/20 Euro, because sometime when a taxi driver hear that you are foreign, they ask to pay more.