We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples in the end of November

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Naples in the end of November

I am traveling to Rome with my mom the week after Thanksgiving and want to spend 2 days at the end of our trip either going north to somewhere in Tuscany or South to somewhere around Naples. At that time of year, can we still enjoy what Naples has to offer? Any recommendations for activities?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,842 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples in the end of November

Naples is really well worth a visit, a really vibrant City in N ovember can only think it would be good in Summer it can be hot, from there you can visit Pompeii, Capri and Sorrento,

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples in the end of November

The Tuscany area has many things to see; however, the vineyards will have already harvested the grapes in October. So, the autumn festivals will be over. On the other hand, there are plenty of walled, medieval cities to visit in Southern Tuscany. And plenty of Chiantis and Brunellos to taste at an "Enoteca." Florence, if you haven't been, is a must see. The markets in Florence are top notch, and the museums and art galleries are world class.

Naples is a lively city and offers plenty to see all year. Pompeii is one of the best archeological sites in the world . . . if not the best. The archeological museum in downtown Naples has numerous items from Pompeii. The Teatro San Carlo (the oldest opera house in Europe) will have shows. If you can't catch a show, the building tour is impressive as well. Take the funicolare to Vomero (the nicest area of downtown) and haggle with the numerous street vendors. Or if you want designer shopping, take a stroll down via de Mille. Definitely eat the pizza

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples in the end of November

Hi

From one Erin to another, I dont mean to sound synical but Naples to me was a no no, why dont you stay in Sorrento you can visit Capri Versuvius Pompeii etc from there and enjoy Sorrento. If you do decide on Naples, hold onto your pockets and your handbag!!!!

Erin

4. Re: Naples in the end of November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 06, 2009