We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tours from port

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
day tours from port

We arriving in naples for 1 day as part of our med cruise,The ship is offering a tour of sorrento for £175 for 2 adults and 2 children.Do you think this is too expensive? would we be better taking a private tour

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tours from port

Dear benji55,

You could probably just take a boat from Napoli Molo Beverello to Sorrento and see the latter by yourself. If the weather is nice and depending on when when you travel, you can take one of several boats from Napoli to Sorrento Marina Piccola:

www.metrodelmare.com/BIT_ORARI_BASSA.html

http://www.alilauro.it/destinazioni/index.php

Someone recently had a nice tour from a local couple:

tripadvisor.com/…5905270

Buona Fortuna...

Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tours from port

a few years ago we also had one day and it was a tough decision what to do because we also had children with us (teenagers). We decided on the tour from the ship which offers the cameo factory, pompeii, a working farm that showed wine making and the lady of the house made fresh mozzrella and gave us a lite lunch. They also had an olive grove and showed how to make olive oil which you could buy and the kids loved it. Then we went on to sorrento that included a meal and shopping. It was a very full day but we did see alot and for all we did the price was pretty good. I am a lover of Naples and go twice a year with a girlfriend but with my family I thought this was the best choice because there was so much offered that the kids enjoyed. I believe the farm was called "Sorgenta" and all the tours go there. HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME no matter waht you choose to do, it is a beautiful area.

3. Re: day tours from port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 02, 2009