We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best free snorkeling?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
70 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Best free snorkeling?

I am very lucky to be visiting Ischia this summer for the 3rd time. I was wondering where there was a good place to snorkel right from an easy access beach? I heard that near Sant Angelo there were good areas. I will be staying at Punta Chiarito.

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best free snorkeling?

Hi Robyn,

My girlfriend has lived here in Ischia all of her life and is an avid swimmer so I've just asked her this very question.

In her opinion it's best to take a boat and explore the areas between Sant'Angelo and Sorgeto, however I note from your question that you'd prefer to find a beach rather than take a boat out. In this case, the best beaches are Inglesi which is in Ischia Porto and relatively easy to walk to via a path that winds up and around and takes about 10 minutes to reach. The others that she mentioned were San Montano which is in Lacco Ameno, and Cava Grado which is close to Sant'Angelo. All of those beaches are surrounded by rocks and you can swim out quite a long way to find the most interesting fish.

There's a website that's got loads of info about the beaches, completely written in English that you might find useful - www.ischiareview.com/beaches-of-ischia.html so have a look on there for directions etc.

Anyway, I hope that helps and you have a great time in Ischia!

Dion

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
70 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best free snorkeling?

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

3. Re: Best free snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia