We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easiest way to Ischia from Naples airport, bearing in mind..

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
easiest way to Ischia from Naples airport, bearing in mind..

... I will have 2 kids and an arm in a sling! My other half will be with me but don't want him overly stressed out with lugging everyone's cases!

Could anyone give me the simplest possible route/ mode of transport with approx costs? Am keen to have short crossing and avoid queuing for tickets...

any advice appreciated :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easiest way to Ischia from Naples airport, bearing in mind..

If in that position, I'd use a taxi from the rank outside "Arrivals" and go to the Beverello quay at the harbour - about 20 Euro or so....

Otherwise, take the Alibus - but, at 3 Euro each, it's not much cheaper?

Photos etc of both, here:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/alibus

With the uncertainly over your precise timing, there's no practical way to avoid having to queue for tickets. The various operators have their own booths, all in a row - very near to where the taxi will drop you...

Look for signs in their window, or on the big board at one end, for whichever has the next departure.

From what I can see, they're currently setting off as follows:

Alilauro line: 07.35; 09.35 or 09:40; 10.40; 12.10; 12.55; 14.35; 15.30; 17.20; 17.55; 20.20

Caremar: 08.40; 13.10; 18.15; 21.05

(but some or all of those Caremars may be affected by the strike that's been threatened for this next Wednesday!)

Note that with Alilauro you'll have to pay an additional charge of €2 for the carriage of each large suitcase etc. Be SURE to get the special labels at the same time as your tickets, and attach them to your bags!

Then find a porter to help get your luggage onto whichever hydrofoil you're taking... not sure what they charge, but needs must?

The ones based at Ischia will come aboard once you dock at Porto.... shouting "Porta bagagli".

Use them if necessary - the taxi rank is immediately facing the landing stage.... fifty yards at most from where you'll disembark.

It's probably going to cost you €12 or so to get to the Pagoda - dear for the distance, but a fixed fare within the city of Ischia:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/136481940

For familiarisation, perhaps have a quick look through these two collections of bits and pieces....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/gettingtoischia

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/beginisc

I've skipped the ferry and Mergellina alternatives as they're both less frequent, and may not always have porters to hand!

And do give me a shout if that doesn't all make sense....

Peter

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easiest way to Ischia from Naples airport, bearing in mind..

That is a huge help, Peter thank you! i will print off your post and take it with me :)

3. Re: easiest way to Ischia from Naples airport, bearing in mind..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia