We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

I was on their website and am quite interested in their tour to Ischia and the Amalfi Coast. My husband and I are middle aged and would like to do this in the summer of 2011. If anyone has used this tour company in 2010 can you please let me know how they are? The prices seem quite reasonable compared to most others but there are mixed comments on the hotels.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

Hi there! We live on Ischia and - not unsurprisingly perhaps - haven't taken one of their tours, although they have come up on TA before....

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Those are probably worth a read - for the different opinions, and some wise advice.... looking back, I see I contributed to one myself!

Peter

Paullina, Iowa
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

Hi there,

I saw your post and I too am interested in using the Orofino Stay and Visit Tours in summer 2011 but cannot find any up-to-date reviews on the company. Have you been able to find anything on them even from another site? I am leery about something that sounds to go to be true....

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

We've decided that it may not be very good quality and so have decided against it. We haven't been able to find any recent information. We are going to just book a B&B. I've seen some really good reviews on some and it sounds like it's easy just to hop on a local bus or just get a local tour to go and see what you want.

n/a
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

My friend and our daughters spend last summer on Ischia with Orofino Stay and Visit tours and did the Amalfi Coast, Rome and Pompeii tour and it was wonderful...you don't have to do a thing, your every need is taken care of.

All the boat trips to Capri, Sorrento, Positano...all arranged by your tour operator. (the blue grotto is not to be missed!!)

The stay on Ischia is wonderful...the hotel had the most divine "all you can eat buffet" every night. The little town is wonderful to walk about at night. The pool at the hotel was relaxing. Make sure the spas are opened, they weren't for us and I was disappointed to miss them. I highly recommend this wonderful company. They will keep you informed, make all the arrangements and all you have to do is relax and enjoy your fabulous trip.

Roxanne

Carmel, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

In July 2010, I used Orofino Tours to the Island Ischia and was so impressed with their services. My son, daughter and two teenage grandsons accompanied me. We stayed at the Hotel and loved the views from our balcony. Our guide, Debbie, was so knowledgeable and helpful in so many ways. I just can't say enough about her.

We will always have fond memories of this trip.

I felt very apprehensive beforehand and even called Giorgio a few times to confirm that he was legit. Now, I feel a bit foolish and realized that I needn't have worried so much. Relax and enjoy! CIAO!

Blairstown, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

Dear Lady_Di,

You will not be disappointed ! My wife and I enjoyed Orofino Tours offering last year and will whole heartedly recommend them business wise as well as the personal service they provide before, during and after. Regarding your destination choice, FANTASTIC.

The sites, the food, the people and accommodations provided are excellent. There is no doubt you will want to go back not to mention explore the other offering of Stay and Visit Italy. No language barrier and remarkably a care free low stress trip abroad. My wife and I give it all a thumbs up, Enjoy!

Charlottesville...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

We did this tour last September & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel in Ischia offered beautiful views of the water, large rooms for a European hotel & a convenient location for day & evening activities. The hotel staff was attentive & the tourguide, Debbie knowledgeable & well organized.

The hotel in Rome was within walking distance to the Vatican & a short cab ride to the Piazza Navona & other places of interest..

We have lived abroad & traveled extensively & liked the fact that we had only two hotels for our stay. We opted for all of the tours & the trip itineray offered the best activites for the price.

Our party of six would go with this tour company again without hesitation.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

We took the Ischia tour in 2010 and had a wonderful time. From the planning stage to the day we left Italy everthing was well planned and on time. The hotels were very clean and the room in Ishcia had a view of the beach and water. We arrived a couple of days early and walked all about Ischia. Good shopping, food and sites. We are planning another trip with them this fall.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

My husband and I (and a group of 4 others) used Orfino Tours last September 2010 for the Amalfi Coast Tour. This was our first group tour ever, although we have traveled the world. It was EXCELLENT. Our tour guide Debbie, is an American who lives on Ischia. She was very knowledgeable and made the tour fun. Our group was 26 people although we were told it would be 13-20 people. Sometimes we needed double transportation but most travel was off Ischia on the ferry to the daily destination. Food was fresh, traditional and plentiful. The three full meals were buffet style with many choices. Something for everyone. Everything was delicious. You sat at large tables with your group-same everynight. Our friendly table mix had great conversation, and added to the tour. Debbie had dinner with us every night. She answered questions, and got you ready for the next day The hotel is older(that's Europe) but it was very clean, wonderful amenities, helpful staff, and a SPECTACULAR VIEW!!! There are some additional costs BUT This Tour is worth every penny!!!

Ancaster, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Orofino Stay and Visit Tours

My wife and I spent a wonderful time with Orofino Tours on the island of Ischia and Rome during September of 2010. The accommodations, food, transfers and optional tours were outstanding. If you want to experience the Italian culture and way of life, this is the tour for you. Live your life like an Italian.

We were very fortunate to also experience a festival for the patron saint of the island. We participated in the procession of the saint along with all the related festivities.

Both hotels in Ischia and Rome were very clean and centrally located in their respective areas. The service was impeccable and accommodating to your needs. Debbie, the Tour Guide, was very knowledgeable and catered to all the concerns of the Tour Group members.

As a Canadian citizen, born in Italy, this tour met all my expectations and beyond. We had a fabulous time with all the participants in our tour group. We were very sad to leave our new found family as we rode our bus back to the airport on our final day.

Stefania and Giorgio from Orifino Tours were very helpful in the planning and organization of the Final Itinerary on the Tour. I would highly recommend this organization in the planning of any future trips to the wonderful country of Italy. Best of all - the price was very resonable.

Ciao

Pam & Rocco

Edited: 4:38 pm, February 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia