We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

Salem NH
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

I want to take a day trip to Negombo thermal baths from Positano.

Which port on the mainland should I leave from and which port in Ischia is closest to Negombo? How do I get from the port to Negombo? Thanks for any help.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

Hi, Diane, we are just back from Ischia, were in Poseidon, not in Negombo, but think Negombo is very nice. I don't know if there is a ferry directly from Positano, otherwise you have to leave from Sorrent (Sorrento), which is the best place on mainland for leaving to the islands Ishcia, Capri (a dream!) and Procida (charming), on Ischia it is Ischia Porto, then you have to take the bus (ask which one to Negombo), before, you have to buy a ticket for 1,20 Euros, be careful, it is a sport to cheat tourists with money. On your way with the bus (about 30 minutes) you can see a lot of the island. Don't take a taxi, it is very expensive. I hope for you that you will not travel within the months of July or August, it is totally overcrowded. Bon giorno!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

We just got back from Italy. We stayed in Ischia and visited Negombo for one day. It was absolutely wonderful. Try to avoid the weekend, weekday is much better. The ferry services to Ischia are limited, usually one going in the morning and one returning in the afternoon. Usually with just 4-5 hours to spend on the island. Here is the website to check ferry schedules. You might have to go to Sorrento to connect to Ischia, which makes matters worse as far as timing. www.ischia.it/new/orari/index.php…

Positano is pretty far away from Ischia, so I don't really know how much you would be able to enjoy in Ischia with the limited ferry service. Unless you drive to Naples very early in the morning and then take the ferry to Ischia. But that's crazy talk! We have driven the coast and is no fun specially in the summer and the port of Naples is a close call to HELL.

Either way enjoy the Amalfi Coast is my favorite. Here is Negombo's website.

www.negombo.it - It was a great day.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

Dear DianeSalemNH,

The closest port to Negombo would be Lacco Ameno, however, if you're catching an infrequent ferry from Positano or Sorrento, its destination will be Ischia Porto. You'll need to take a taxi (recommended) or a #1 bus (get off after the museum stop on the hill and you'll see a sign for Negombo or just tell the driver "Negombo").

Buona Fortuna...

4. Re: Ischia - Negombo Day Trip from Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isola d'Ischia
Recent Conversations