We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information asked for daytrip Capri

Holland
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Information asked for daytrip Capri

We (family 2 adults 3 children 5,7 and 9 years) are thinking about making a daytrip or staying two days at Capri between 23 July till August 10 we are based in the Salerno area

Can someone inform us about the possibilities of taking your own car to the Island and where to board the ship at the mainland and

the approx cost .

As an alternative going without the car and just as passengers but than I wonder how convient is public transport with access to the things to see and do when you are travveling with 3 little children.

Which are the must see things todo on Capri and is someone aware of a nice beach were you can rest for a while

Level Contributor
317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Information asked for daytrip Capri

Going to Capri at that time of year for a day trip with children would be my vision of hell!

The island is absolutely mobed during the day in summer and very little for the children to do except follow the crowds every where.

The nights in summer are very romantic and the island is beautifully scenic, but the kids would have to be saints to enjoy it.

No cars allowed on the island for tourists. Getting around by small busses,expensive taxis or boats is available.

It's a wonderful place for adults to visit for a longer stay, preferably in June or September, although if the children enjoy walking and sightseeing..... Good Luck.

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Information asked for daytrip Capri

I agree. Going with children on a daytrip to Capri at the height of the tourist season - I really wouldn't recommend it. The island is so full of people you can hardly move and it's usually scorching hot at that time of year.

3. Re: Information asked for daytrip Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 25, 2009