We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri to Naples Airport- same day

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Capri to Naples Airport- same day

Hello., Does anyone know if its viable to stay in Capri one night and then be able to catch a 11:40am flight out of Naples Airport the next day? I know we would need a very early hydrofoil from Capri to get to naples that morning then We can catch a taxi to the aiport . But is there enough time to get from Capri to the airport by about 930am - 945am so we can get there in time for our 11:40am flight out of Naples?

Please advise me , thanks very much.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Naples Airport
Naples Airport
Naples, Italy
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

You can check schedules on-line, but I don't THINK there are hydofoils or ferries that leave very early from Capri. I think maybe the earliest ones are like 8:30 or 9am, but I'm sure someone else on this forum knows for sure. It's a pretty good distance from Capri to Naples.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
New York City
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

I was thinking the same thing, since I have a 12:10pm flight from Naples. I think the earliest hydrofoil is at 9am and it's 40 minutes or so to Naples. Then you'd have to hop in a cab and pray that your driver doesn't drive around in circles to jack up the fare. And remember that these Italian airports are confusing and advance check-in is at least one hour. After all, they need that time to tag your luggage to somewhere other than your destination.

I think you're cutting it way too close. Can't you stay in Capri one day earlier and enjoy the island without rushing off on the 9am ferry?

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Fuorigrotta...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

oooh bit harsh on the old locals, don't you think? boats start much earlier than 9am - go to the caremar website for example www.caremar.it and you'll see and remember there are various other boats competing for business.

the airport at naples is small and normally for domestic or european flights check in is an hour before. (many italians leave it till 15 mins before sometimes - alitalia are very flexible!!! but not worth risking intentionally). Security can be slow though - they check all shoes now and there is no fast track. I live here and have never had a bag go missing despite dozens of flights - and the airport is run by BAA (the British Airport Authority) so is really very efficient. Taxis are not all dishonest either...just beware of rush hour in the morning. Traffic can be dreadful and that's more likely to delay you than a furbo taxi driver. (should be no more than 30 euros to airport and is often less depending on traffic etc). One last thing to bear in mind: if the weather is bad - ie. sea v rough - the fast (aliscafi) boats often don't run....

us
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

Two caveats. Discount airlines can have a strict policy of early checkin which is more or less enforced at least at their UK end. Also a lot of ferry schedules on the web have in the past posted only the frequent peak season schedule (sometimes mislabeled as to date), and the shoulder or off season has worse starting times and less frequency in actuality.

san francisco
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

Yes, it is viable to catch an 11:40 a.m. flight from Naples after spending the night in Capri, and to be in Naples by 9:30 a.m. I've done it many times. And the boats do leave the island earlier than 8:30 or 9:00. Many of the Caprese work in Naples and along the Amalfi Coast and have to be to work at a decent hour. I've gone down to Marina Grande at 6:30 a.m. and caught a boat off the island.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Marina Grande
Marina Grande
773 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

It can be done smoothly if all goes well with weather and traffic.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Capri to Naples Airport- same day

It can be done smoothly if all goes well with weather and traffic.

Good luck!