We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
4 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve

My husband and i have just returned from Italy. We spent a magnificant week in Hotel Canasta in Capri. It was one of our most enjoyable and most romantic holidays. We are now thinking of returning for 4 nights over the New Years Eve period. Has anyone visited Capri at this time of year. If so, what is it like then in comparision to Summer time?

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

There's a film festival on the island around New Year every year. It's called Capri Hollywood and usually attracts many people from the movie business. So even if most of the shops and hotels are closed down during the winter, there's a bit more life on the island than usual around New Year.

Capri
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Much quieter - but it is the busiest time of the winter. Very few shops are open, only some restaurants are open and I'm not sure re: hotels. The big party in the middle of the square on the 31st is good fun - everyone brings their own champagne.

The best bit - not having to bother with the normal taxi rubbish like the UK. Having said that this year I'm going to London for New Years!

3. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 21, 2009