We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relax! it's ciao bella!

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
relax! it's ciao bella!

We just got back from Capri. I and my husband were only there for a week recovering from our extremely stressful life. We had instructions from friends to go to Positano and also some reviews from this site about other restaurants on the Amalfi coast. We tried for 2 days to work it with the ferry to go to Positano or Sorrento but this was too stressful. We wanted to do dinner or lunch in those locations but the ferry from Capri only accomodates leaving early and getting lunch or leaving in the afternoon and staying the night for dinner. What I learned, thank God, is that it's OK. You don't need to go anywhere! Just sleep until noon. Have an amzing lunch at a beach club at 2, lay on the beach, go for a swim, relax unitl 6 when they collect the umbrellas and chairs, take a nap in the room, the Weber is Wonderful!, the take the van into Capri and have dinner. Go back to the room at 11 or so and sleep till noon and do it again. Get with the rhythm. Talk with the locals. Eat Drink and Sleep. I LOVE CAPRI!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relax! it's ciao bella!

Bravo!! You get it!!! Now, let me guess. You have decided that doing nothing on Capri requires a lot more time, than just a week. If that is true, then you are hopelessly hooked. Just as we have been for the past 25 years. I have actually been to the Blue Grotto. Once. A friend runs the tours. My wife has never seen it. She swears she will see it for sure--NEXT YEAR. Sure she will!

2. Re: relax! it's ciao bella!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 15, 2009