We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

Surrey
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

Hi, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from Calista porta di Massa to Naples airport at 7am? We plan on catching the ferry from Capri at 5:40am but it doesn't seem to go where the alibus stop. Flight at 10:15am, scared of missing the flight if we get a later boat across. Any advice?

Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

I'm not sure where the Calista porta di Massa is, but after many years of visiting Capri I've managed to relax a bit about airport connections. In the U.S., I'm the guy who's at the airport 3 hours before flight. I've never had a problem making my Naples flights as long as I get to the port of Naples 2 Hrs. before takeoff.

Taxis or buses have never taken even close to an hour to get to the airport.

Going taxi rate from the port is supposed to be a fixed price....but number of bags etc. seems to always cause some negotiating... so ask before you get in the cab. Usual cost has been 30+/- euros.

The Alibus is great if it works for you.

Surrey
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

Thank you, it's good to know a rough cost. We are doing this journey on the 2nd Oct, we are also concerned that the ferry is cancelled due to rough sea conditions. How often does that happen? The other choice is to leave Capri a day early & stay in Naples the night before. Thanks for your help. If anyone else knows how close the above port is to the Alibus,please let me know. Thanks

Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

Traveling in October is nice...many fewer day trippers on the ferries. Cancellations on the ferries are unpredictable. Only happened to me once in maybe 10 visits. And it was only the hydrofoils that were cancelled.

Staying overnight in Naples is an option if you enjoy exploring . The city can be intimidating but I love it. Reminds me of my old NYC neighborhoods in the 50's.....but w/ some really ancient streets and buildings

Don't wear your gold Rolex! Naples has it's share of opportunistic theives...but not in my view a mean city.

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

Go the day before, visit Napoli. It is not as bad as people say as long as u r not dumb about things. Pay attention to your surrounding.

Let me tell u if the weather is bad or if they have a strike u could become very upset. I go every year to Capri always stay in Napoli the day before I leave, shop have great pizza go home relaxed.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

The yellow push pin on this map is Calata Porta di Massa.

Ask for an approximate fare before you get into the taxi in Naples. You cannot depend on them using the legal rate for between the port and the airport which I believe is something like 11 euro.

Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

I gotta agree w/ redmazda. Napoli is one of those special cities. The Spaniards, the Romans, the greeks the French.....you can see statues of leaders from all these cultures at the Piazza Del Popolo [I think that's the one] who all put their imprint on the area. And the food is good!

7. Re: Calista porta di Massa & catching the Alibus.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 13, 2014