We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri to Positano ferry schedule

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Capri to Positano ferry schedule

I had read this before but I was keeping my fingers crossed that maybe May would be different.

To get from Capri to Positano the ferries are mid afternoon - 3 PM or later. Bummer. I was hoping to hit the road early (before 10 AM) and have a good chunk of the day in Positano.

I guess that puts me at my lodging in Positano before 5 PM, at least.

Is it even remotely worth it to catch an earlier ferry to Sorrento and then catch another one (or even a taxi) to Positano, or is that a PITA and net-net not going to save me a lot of time? I imagine just getting into a taxi and heading to Positano might be quicker overall and less schlepping of bags, especially given that the taxi would deposit me at the hotel and not just at the ferry dock in Positano like a ferry would.

Thoughts? How long is the ferry ride to Sorrento?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Capri to Positano ferry schedule

I used him for all but one impromptu drive from Positano to Ravello. His drivers were fantastic. Very nice, and they stopped at different places for photos - I didn't even have to ask, they just chose places to show me.

Renato Cuomo

Limousine in Italy-Amalfi Coast and Sorrento Coast

Mobile Number (0039)3391612081-Office.(0039)0818023037-Fax(0039)06233208879

info@carsorrento.it www.amalficoastdriver.com

Chico, California
Level Contributor
99 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Capri to Positano ferry schedule

I am going to Amalfi Coast next month and interested in ferry or hydrofoil schedule from Capri to Positano. We plan to take hydrofoil from Sorrento 8:30am, check our bags at the marina on Capri, tour the island and later in afternoon boat over to Positano. Where can I view schedule for crossing? We are hoping to arrive in Positano around 4 or 5pm. Maybe the 3pm crossing (listed earlier) would be our best option. I was hoping to see a schedule to show options.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,096 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Capri to Positano ferry schedule

Check www.capri.net for boat schedule

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
14. Re: Capri to Positano ferry schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 30, 2014