We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach clubs

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
beach clubs

Had a question regarding beach clubs- do you need/ can you reserve a spot there in advance? We will be a group of 6-8 adults( beach peolpe, not pool) , staying in Capri for 8 days during the last week of August. We are hoping to spend all day on the beach, have lunch there and get back to our hotel in the afternoon. I know August is a busy time in Capri and I am worried what if beach clubs get filled with people in the morning and we are unable to get spots? We usually start our day early and probably be there by 9 am. Does it get very crowded? Can we pre-book it ahead of time? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach clubs

Forgot to mention- we are mostly interested in spending our day at da Luigi and Fontelina beach clubs. Do they get really busy? Can you easily get a bed/mattress there around 9 am? Any other suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach clubs

Yes, in August (especially then) it will be crazy busy and crowded - check with your hotel as to booking in advance; last time I was down at da Luigi, it was in very late September and I went early and got to chair with no problem but it filled up quickly around 11 a.m. and stayed busy throughout the rest of the day. I have always done it myself as I never go when it is the most busy of months (August) -

Your hotel should be able to tell you if you can pre-book. Gotlegal, a regular here on the Capri forums, also may be able to tell you if he checks in on the forum

Oh, and I am guessing you know, those two beach clubs are not actual beaches - they are rocks.

Edited: 3:46 pm, March 19, 2013
philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach clubs

Thank you, MomCat1992. I know about the rocks! Really excited- so far have only been to multiple sandy beaches. Something new to expirience…

Just don't want to wind up without a spot there. Gotlegal - please let me know if you have an answer to my question. Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach clubs

Try the email here:

www.capri.com/en/c/da-luigi-ai-faraglioni-3

Edited: 5:48 pm, March 19, 2013
philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach clubs

Thank you! That is a great idea. Thanks for the link !!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach clubs

And, one more for the other beach club:

http://www.capri.com/en/c/la-fontelina-2

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach clubs

Just emailed both of them. Thanks again for the links and for a brilliant idea. I only hope they read/understand English...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach clubs

And, if not - do touch base with your hotel to see if they can answer and/or help.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach clubs

Your group will be fine. Have your hotel book chairs, umbrellas and lunch on day one and let them know you will be there for the 8 days. Ask for good spots near the railing. When you get there on day one, hand a large tip to the man who sets you up. Thereafter, one Euro per person per day. We have never been at da Luigi before 11:30 AM. That is normal. We have never had lunch before 2:00PM. We eat dinner at 10:00PM. But that's us.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach clubs

Gotlegal- thank you so much! It sounds like a great plan to me! Thanks again.