We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Capri and walking trips

Chi
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Capri and walking trips

We will be staying in Capri from May 17th and leaving Capri May 22. What day trips are recommended?

We are interested in visiting Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Salerno, Pompeii.

I know we don't have as many days as our interests, so are we able to combine some interests into 1 day?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Capri and walking trips

Ferries from Capri www.capri.net Train Naples or Sorrento to Pompeii Scavi www.vesuviana.it

Amalfi coast buses www.sitasudtrasporti.it Click on "Orari' for Campania bus times.

Sorrento and Pompeii you could combine into one day, and the www.alicost.it and www.coopsantandrea.com ferry sailings should be published later this month

www.amalficoastweb.com

Campania region www.italia.it/en/home.html

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Capri and walking trips

If those are your interests, why are you staying on Capri?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Capri and walking trips

By the way if you are planning on renting a car for all or part of your trip, are you able to drive a standard shift car? Americans are often surprised to find that automatic transmission cars are either not available or very expensive to rent.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Capri and walking trips

I too am confused by your staying in Capri if you want to leave it everyday to visit somewhere else. The fastest boats off the island to Naples or Sorrento are (I believe) at least 40 minutes each way - with others being longer. And, then there is Capri itself which is brimming with history, sites, incredibly beautiful areas to hike and walk, lay out and swim in the sea, take boat rides. www.capri.net for much of the island's info.

If this is your itinerary, I personally would suggest (strongly) you consider changing your base to Sorrento or maybe one of the Amalfi Coast towns.

5. Re: Day trips from Capri and walking trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 17, 2014