We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming secondary tunnel in blue grotto capri

Concord, California
1 post
Save Topic
swimming secondary tunnel in blue grotto capri

Has anybody heard of swimming through the secondary hole of the blue grotto in Capri? It is the primary light source that makes the cave blue.

In 1989 I swam through the secondary tunnel and practically got myself killed. I've googled it a number of times trying to find out the depth and length of the tunnel, but thus far haven't found anything. I hesitate mentioning this because I don't want to give anybody a bad idea - don't try it!

Any info? What a beautiful place; I would like to know more.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming secondary tunnel in blue grotto capri

You're speaking of the lower opening which is about three meters below the little hole the row boats pass through. Definitely a dangerous option unless you're wearing dive gear.

2. Re: swimming secondary tunnel in blue grotto capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 20, 2013