We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early 30's in Capri

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Early 30's in Capri

Hello My Trip Advisors!

We are 3 women in our late 20's to early 30's from New York City visiting Capril in early July. Where would you recommend we stay for a lively vibe, not too expensive on the Island?

What would you recommend for nightlife as well and some must do's? We would love to enjoy a day on a boat as well- with a group is fine as well. Over all looking to get some scenic exploring, relaxing and fun in!

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks!

Edited: 3:46 pm, May 31, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,815 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early 30's in Capri

"Not too expensive" means different things to different folks so try www.capri.net - you can see what hotels still have rooms available for your visit as well as information about what to do on the island.

For lodging you can also try www.venere.com

sydney
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early 30's in Capri

You guys are going to have the time of your life on this stunning island!

Capri is where the action is, Anacapri is quieter and more suitable to (ahem) 'slightly' older fun lovers like myself :) Stick to Capri for fun and easy accessibility to great clubs, bars and restaurants. One thing though, bring a pair of foldaway ballet flats in your handbag so you can walk back to your hotel comfortably without suffering from 'stilettto' hobble.

Be prepared for lots of attention, Capri guys are very friendly which can be a good or bad thing depending on your relationship status. Watch out for drink spiking, there have been a few problems with this in recent years. Look out for one another in this regard.

Some clubs/bars for you to consider...

The Quisi bar: The one place to be on the island if you love to dress up and be one of the beautiful young things enjoying the ambience of this legendary space. Worth making the effort to look fantastic. There is something magical about being dressed to kill on the island in the evening.

Panta Rei on Via Lo Palazzo 1 is incredible. You have to see it to believe it. Go early for drinks and stay on until around 3 am or so. You can even have dinner there if you like.

The Piccolo bar in the piazzetta is fun and great for people watching. It is more low key and good for chilling out and just chatting before starting your evening. Bar Caso in the same area is good for the same type of thing.

Spend at least one day lounging in the sun at Bagno Tiberio. Be sure to eat at the restaurant too. Best food on the island IMO.

Rendez vous at the Quisi is a fantastic place to eat with a humming vibe, you can hit the bar before and after your meal if you like. You can see just about everyone here, famous faces, formula one drivers, ultra cool locals... you name it.

Have fun and remember,choose a hotel in Capri to make life easier. Loads of mid ranges choices available. The hotel Flora is in the centre of Capri and has some good deals going. Check it out at capri.net

Have fun and play safe

Francoise

Excusemewhereis.blogspot.com

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early 30's in Capri

As for nightlife on Capri, in my opinion you won't find what you are looking for. It has been a long time since Number Two was the hottest club in Europe, when Pupa ran the place, and you saw every famous name you ever heard of. Nothing has ever really replaced it. The scene has moved on to places like St.Tropez and Ibiza.

New York
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early 30's in Capri

I just spent 3 nights in Capri and I found it rather relaxing. Not sure where all the famous see and be seen people were or the clubs for that matter. I had a fabulous time, but never saw any of what poster #2 is speaking of.

The only women who were in high heels were the ridiculous ones who probably could never leave the house if a nail chipped. Otherwise people were dressed in all ways and even the Italian women had on cute flats or Italian type sneakers. I didn't notice them carrying a big bag with stilletos in them.

Btw what's your budget? I checked out some of the hotels while I was there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early 30's in Capri

Thank you so much, I will be adding this to my itinerary.I am truly excited about my visit there!

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early 30's in Capri

To be honest I don't need extreme parting, just a great vibe. Our budget for the hotel is $200-$350 I would say.

New York
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early 30's in Capri

I hope you mean per night. You need to start looking right away because that's not a very big budget for Capri especially in high season.

If you don't need a pool and all the bells & whistles you can see if Hotel la Tosca has any availability. It's a simple 1 star, spotless, convenient, ac, continental bkfst. I just stayed there for 3 nights in a single room for 99euro per night. They have bigger rooms as ell.

If you do want a pool and a bit more ammenities try the Canasta. They might have a 4 night minimum, but probably in your budget. I had done a lot of research before I went and they seemed to be the most reasonable if you wanted more than something very basic.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Early 30's in Capri

My apologies if I wasnt clear, 200-350 per night, not total. Thanks!

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Early 30's in Capri

Hey there,

I am curious to hear about your experience in Capri and pick your brain for some advice. My wife and I are in the same boat so to speak and heading to Capri and Amalfi (Ravello) in July for our one year anny, we are from NY as well and are trying to figure it all out before we go. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! please let me know whats up. Thanks in advance!

JLJL@me.com

Jason

10. Re: Early 30's in Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 28, 2013