We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

California
9 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

Hi, my husband and I are early 30's and are looking for a hotel which is centrally located in Capri town. We will we spending two nights in middle of June. The hotel reviews on TripAdvisor and Venere are confusing and somewhat contradicting eachother. Please help. We would like our room to be under 300 Euro, and preferably seaview. Thank you for any and all advice. Best regards!

San Diego
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

Hi - we stayed at the Canasta during August. We had a nice sized room with a huge balcony which had sea view. We stayed for six days and had a great time. I know there are a few negative reviews about this hotel, but we found the staff wonderful, the location perfect (5 minute walk to town); and had everything a couple in the 30's needed. We paid $200 euro a night. Our room was cleaned twice daily and everything was spotless. I really would recommend this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

What about "La Minerva". We are staying there for 4 nights in September and all communication with them has been excellent. Also gets good reviews.

San Diego
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

I don't know about the Minerva - I think we walked by the hotel - most are situated in the same area. I have heard good things about the hotel also.

Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

Hi. We are family of 6, and are pretty sure we are going to stay at the Hotel Weber Ambassador. It is 4 star, we have read atleast 10 positive customer ratings, and it sounds like a great location with great views for the best rate I have found. And believe me, we have looked into every hotel...with 6, I needed nice, yet not too pricey. Hotel Brunella sounded beautiful, but no sea-view rooms were available for our time frame, and the price was double. I also like the Hotel A'Paziella... another beauty, yet 30% higher than the Hotel Weber.(all are 4-stars) I love the honesty of Hotel Weber's web-site recommendations.... good luck !!

Tampa
Level Contributor
40 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

I stayed in the Hotel Canasta last September and it was great! Had a sea view room with a huge balcony. About 200 euros a night. Coffee and light breakfast in the courtyard every morning. Just a minute or two walk into the main piazza. Pristinely clean. Very helpful staff. Can't recommend it enough. P.S. La Minerva is owned by a relative of the Canasta owner.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

La Minerva is fantastic! It is very quiet, low key, extremely clean, and relaxing. It is definitely close to town but not right in all the action. We were there in October and the square was still constantly filled with tourists during the day. La Minerva is further along, down a quiet garden path alongside other hotels. our room had an amazing ocean view! they serve a nice complimentary breakfast (in your room or on the terrace) and the service is excellent. they set up all our day trips and tickets and gave us so much advice - we were so appreciative!

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a "Capri town" hotel, clean, with beautiful sea...

I'll say the Minerva, no doubt!