We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry and other questions

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry and other questions

I am looking to take the ferry from Sorrento to Capri and then return in the evening (will be a week day in May).

How often do the ferries run?

What is the cost for a rountrip ticket?

How long does the ferry take?

Do I need to book my ticket in advance?

Also we will arrive in Capri in the early AM, walk around for a little while and have lunch. We will then go on a Gianni Boat tour from 1-3:30pm. He will drop us off in Anacapri at the end and we may or may not do the Blue Grotto. We will explore Anacapri, have dinner. Then need to get back for a ferry back to Sorrento. Does this agenda sound ok?

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,571 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry and other questions

www.caremar.it

http://www.capri.net/en/ship-timetable

You don't need to book the ferry or the hydrofoil in advance for travel in May.

Edited: 1:56 pm, March 10, 2010
Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry and other questions

Having dinner and then going back to the mainland will be tricky. The last ferry usually leaves around 8pm.

Edited: 3:34 am, March 11, 2010
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,050 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry and other questions

The reason having dinner would be tricky is because at restaurants, dinner doesn't start until 7 pm. Not enough time to eat and make it down to the harbor for the 8pm ferry/hydrofoil

Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry and other questions

Could I ask which day in May you will be doing this? We also want to do a boat tour with Gianni but we prefer to share with another couple to reduce the cost. Let me know if that interests you.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry and other questions

perhaps go back around five o clock to Marina Grande, buy a ticket for the last boat to Sorrento and have dinner at one of the (i know they are) turistic restaurants in Marina Grande. Possible to eat/have dinner all the day at marina grande. Most restaurants close around 7 o clock.

Edited: 12:21 pm, March 30, 2010
Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry and other questions

I think some of the responses to the original query have been misleading. Jennifer will need to get back to Sorrento after her day on Capri. The last boat of any kind from the island to Sorrento will be the Caremar fast ferry which will leave Capri Marina Grande at 18.15 (after 1 April). There is no way she will be able to have dinner on Capri that day.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry and other questions

High tea, maybe?

Peter

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry and other questions

The last boat to Naples is 19.50. Then she could take the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry and other questions

Chris, Doing that she'd have a real fun dinner! Better to go back to Sorrento and eat with a bit of tranquillity.

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry and other questions

Anyway, if you're eating in Marina Grande you better stay clear of the yacht club....