We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Weber Ambassador

Montreal CANADA
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Hotel Weber Ambassador

Hello.

I'd like some feedback on Hotel Weber Ambassador.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of September and had a good time. We booked a double standard room with no view quite cheap (for Capri!) on Expedia and were pleased.

It's located right on the beach (great for getting a good spot before the crowds arrive), it's clean, provides lovely views and the staff are very polite (receive 5-star quality service). Far from being a setback, we were relieved we weren't staying in Capri town - it was overrun with tourists and very noisy. The hotel has two lovely swimming pools too for when the beach gets too busy.

One of the best things was the FREE shuttle bus that left the hotel approx every five minutes and dropped you off by the bus station in Capri town. The service runs until about 2am i think.

We also asked to be collected from the ferry port and paid 4 Euros each - MUCH cheaper than a taxi and much less stressful than getting a bus from the town (which is up a step hill).

Montreal CANADA
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

Hello, traveller 23456. :o)

Many thanks for your feedback. It's so very much appreciated.

Ciao.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
3. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

There are more than 300 reviews of this hotel on the forum. Use the search box in the upper left had corner of this page to check out hotels and restaurants.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

If your plan is a few days on Capri, with a lot of time being spent exploring, the Weber's location is fine. If you plan to spend a lot of time on the island, the hotel's location is a big drawback. In fact, even though Weber is located near Marina Piccola, the most most popular beach clubs are eleswhere. Capri is a walking island. Shuttles, buses and taxis are a pain. Much of the Capri side of the island (as opposed to the Anacapri side) can only be reached on foot or by boat. A hotel in Capri or Anacapri is a much better idea.

As far as day tripping hordes of tourists, they are absolutely there! However, people who spend real time on Capri hardly ever see them. Why would any sane person spend a sweltering hot day running around amid a crowd of people, when they could be at a wonderful hotel pool or a magnificent beach club? After a great lunch and a nap, and after the day trippers are gone, these people emerge to find Capri just as it should be.

5. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 pm, October 08, 2009
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

I am forever dropping balls, however, calikidd makes my case. As I recall from his many posts about Capri, he has spent a total of three days on the island, and doesn't care for it very much. As I said, if you are spending three days on Capri, the Weber is fine. The better you get to know the island, however, the more you understand that it is in bad location. As to why calikidd is so interested in a place that he doesn't really know or like is anyone's guess.

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

My husband and I stayed there in June 2008, I posted a review at the time. I'm one of those people who don't want to be in the middle of a crowd all the time - and June is peak tourist season - so I was very happy to be away from the hordes. And the view of the Faraglioni from our balcony was fabulous.

However, if you want to be in the thick of things the Weber will not suit you, even though the hotel's shuttle system is very efficient. We were able to go to the centre whenever we wanted without ever having to wait for more than 10 minutes. When we went there was only a rather small and unappealing pool but they were planning to build a larger one, presumably they have by now.

I also found that I got a better rate by contacting the hotel directly rather than using a booking site.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

Hotel weber is the orange envelope marker on this google map

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

the map lists some other sights and some restaurants (not all). I made it for my May 2008 trip and have updated it since.

You can zoom in and out and see where it is relative to some other things.

Montreal CANADA
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

Thanks, AFDS, for the good info. Much appreciated.

Ciao.

Montreal CANADA
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Weber Ambassador

Lupaling, thank you for your comments and info. map. Much appreciated.

Ciao.

Get answers to your questions about Capri