We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Naples

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gorham, ME
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Naples

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel to stay in for our last night in Naples? We have an early morning flight and will not be able to stay on Capri.

Thank you.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Naples

I would not stay in Naples, it would be worth your efforts to go down the coast to Sorrento for a nights stay. I just came back form Italy and you could not pay me to stay in Naples for one night. They do have early jet boats from Capri to Naples, Sorreto etc.. I do know what your flight time is??

Gorham, ME
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Naples

olmcmom,

Thank you for the information. Our flight is at 8:45 a.m. out of Naples. Would love to stay in Capri for another night if it is feasible.

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Naples

no way!

leaving at 8.45 u better sleep in napoli, sorry!

Gorham, ME
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Naples

Can you suggest a hotel in Naples?

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Naples

the first one coming to my mind is the jolly hotel in via medina, it's 20 minutes away from the airport

jollyhotels.it/ita/…

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,862 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Naples

My daughter stayed in Naples last year at a Hotel called Pinta Storey it does have a web site, she was really impressed its in a nice part onf the city

Level Contributor
294 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Naples

A classic hotel right near the harbor is the Hotel Santa Lucia. Not cheap but very pleasant. Harbor and good restaurants nearby. Naples can be scary to folks not used to the intensity of the city but I have never had a problem there and it is a really beautiful town. Don't wear a Rolex or carry expensive cameras etc. There is a lot of poverty in Naples and the mentioned items can be a temptation. I have found the locals there full of life and wonderful by nature.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Naples

Hello c9jad,

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Centro Direzionale (behind the railway station in the modern business centre) for one night before a flight - a couple of times. It served us well - it's airconditioned, double glazed and you sleep well. I didn't like being in a skyscraper though - and I wouldn't stay there for a holiday, there's much more spectacular positions for a hotel in Naples with much better views !!!

The hotel is like the Holiday Inn hotels anywhere in the world, and the area is just like business areas anywhere in the world - so isn't very exciting as there's no historic places to see / gardens etc. quite bleak really unless you're into skyscrapers, and glass lifts going up the outside of buildings. The area is pedestrianised, traffic travels 'underground' which is really at ground level with the rest of the city.

The reason I think it would be good is that you get the free hotel airport shuttle service and another which will take you into town and back. So you don't have to walk about the less savoury areas near the railway station. I think you order the shuttle bus to come and get you at the airport at arrival and when leaving Naples, you can order the hotel shuttlebus the night before, for the time you need to be at the airport/railway station the following morning.

There is also a free shuttle service from the hotel to the Napoli Centrale station and then on to the centre of the city (piazza Municipio) so if you wanted to - you could check in, then go to the centre of Naples for a walkabout, an ice-cream and a coffee - have a look at the illuminated buildings, outside of the Royal Palace, the fountains, the Angevin castle etc. and have your evening meal at Brandi's where the Pizza Margherita was invented, and then catch the shuttle bus back to the hotel !

Thus... no problems with taxi and at no cost ! But do check all this with the hotel before booking - it was about five years ago when we were last there ! The shuttle services sold it to us.

Otherwise - just order food at the hotel restaurant if still open or from room service.

The inside is like a corporate hotel all over the world - you could be in any business area of any big city ! But it serves its purpose as an overnight stop before leaving early for the airport.

Best wishes, Nolana

Gorham, ME
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Naples

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. I can't wait to get to Capri!!!!

Bedford, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Naples

You definately cannot stay in Capri the night before....We stayed at Grand Hotel Parker's...which is lovely, but not inexpensive..beautiful views over the bay of Naples...It is about 20-30 minutes from the airport.