We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri Scuba Diving

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TPJ
Washington, DC
2 posts
Save Topic
Capri Scuba Diving

Hello everyone- my boyfriend and I are taking a trip to Capri in late October and we're looking for some help planning our itinerary! We're staying at the new Marriott on Capri- has anyone stayed there who could give us a good review? I think it opened in early July.

Also, he really wants to go scuba diving- any ideas on a good place to go and service to use? Any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks for the help!

Voorhees, New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri Scuba Diving

As for the hotel, Ive been watching them rebuild the place for the last five years. I believe a portion of the hotel is opened. I would have to check with my cousin for better information.

I have been diving on the island for the past five years. I will say this, I have made some great dives on the island with friends, Grotta di Pino, Punta Carena, Faraglioni. The dives are deep!!! Your logbook should be up to date and show that you are certified to dive these depths.

Anyway. Marina Grande there is a shop, Secomar, my friend Walter and his brother Teddy own the place. if Claudio is still working there, ask him to take you to the Faraglioni.

One last thing, the sea will be freddo and rough. The conditions may not favor a dive.

Probably about 110E, give or take, these are one tank dives.

TPJ
Washington, DC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri Scuba Diving

Thanks for the advice- he is a certified diver but I have no experience so maybe I'll skip the scuba diving