We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples train station to Capri ferry

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Naples train station to Capri ferry

I am taking a train from Rome to Naples going on to Capri. I would like to take the ferry from Naples to Capri, does anyone know how far the train station is from the ferry terminal? if I must take a cab there, about how much would I pay?

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples train station to Capri ferry

Dear catrans,

You can read some posts about taking the ferry from Napoli Molo Beverello to Capri. A taxi ride is supposedly around €9.50 (look at bibimbob's post) and Molo Beverello/the more popular port is around a mile or less from Napoli Centrale FS Train Station:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187783-i438-k8099…

capri.net/salsa/lang/it/page/transport.html

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k9749…

By the ways, if you're on the #1 trolley, you might need to exit from the front of the train if the train is old or from the middle doors if the train is newer. You should prepare yourselves to get off the train as soon as you see the big cruise ships on the left and the big castle on the right. A couple of weeks ago, some tourists with heavy bags didn't get off the #1 trolley in time and had to walk back to Molo Beverello with all their bags in the sun from the next stop nearer to Santa Lucia.

As a posting had mentioned, it's a hundred times easier taking a taxi, however, the bus and trolley cost just €1 (Unico Napoli bus ticket purchased from any newsstand/tobacconist in Napoli Centrale, stamp your ticket when you board). You could take an R2 bus to Piazza Municipio (a 5 minute walk to Molo Beverello) from Napoli Piazza Garibaldi, however, the last time I was on the R2 a few weeks ago, it was packed (actually, it was the bus from Piazza Municipio to Piazza Garibaldi), and I wouldn't recommend the ride with heavy luggage.

Buona Fortuna...

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples train station to Capri ferry

Take a taxi and be prepared to pay about Euro20. Yes, it;s a rip-off, but Naples is Naples. And the price is worth the lack of hassles.

Austin, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples train station to Capri ferry

Take a cab but....only ones clearly marked "TAXI", make sure they turn the meter on. There are plenty of unmarked cars that try to act as a taxi service, but they are just people trying to make money on the side and they shouldn't be trusted.

Naples is a beautiful city. Be very aware at the train station and Naples in general. There are many thieves and pickpockets. Try not to wear gold jewellery that could be pulled off and keep your purse over your body diagonally if possible. Men should keep their wallets in their front pockets.

At the Naples train station, my brother put his luggage down and took his eyes off of it for less than a minute and next thing he saw was someone running away with it!

Capri, on the other hand, is extremely safe.

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
342 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples train station to Capri ferry

An easy and inexpensive way to reach the Molo Beverollo port/ferry terminal to Capri from the Garibaldi train station is to use the main exit doors near the McDonald's, and look for the "Alibus" stop outside. The Alibus has only 3 stops and connects the Garibaldi train station, the Molo Beverollo ferry port, and the Naples Capodichino airport. Tickets cost 3 Euro and can be purchased onboard from the driver and must be validated in the yellow box. The Alibus runs approx. every 30 minutes.

After you board at Garibaldi station, your next stop will be in front of a large castle. Look for a walkway that bypasses a construction area. You should see the ferries & the bay in the distance. Basically walk along the steel walkway in the direction of the castle. The walkway & signs will direct you towards the port although you must cross a busy street. It is only a 5 minute walk from the Alibus stop.

5. Re: Naples train station to Capri ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 08, 2009