We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capiri/Rome circa July 20

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Capiri/Rome circa July 20

My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 10th anniversay in July. We planning to come to Italy and haven't got a clue!! From the research I have done I have decided to spend about 4 days in Rome and 4 days in Capri/Sorrento.

Should we do 2 days in Capri and 2 in Sorrento; or some other split?

Will it matter that neither of us speak a bit of Italian?

Should we skip Rome altogether and just tour Southern Italy (perhaps we will make it back to Rome in a few years when the kids are older). We want to have a good mix of relaxing and sightseeing but I would hate to spend the 9 days that we have running from place to place without really enjoying anyplace in particular.

General and specific comments suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Capiri/Rome circa July 20

hey hey hey, don't skip Rome, it's such a nice city and it deserves to be seen!

your plan looks nice, from sorrento you can visit the amalfi coast (positano and amalfi at least) and have a nice journey then capri for two days (nights?) is ok but you should hurry up to find an hotel, I'm looking for rooms for some friends/customers and it already turns out superdifficult during the week ends.

no problem for your italian, everyone (i guess) speaks english.

for more specific questions send me a private message

giovanni

2. Re: Capiri/Rome circa July 20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 12, 2009