We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Excelsior Vittoria - Worth the hype?

London, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Excelsior Vittoria - Worth the hype?

Hi

I am looking to book a hotel to 'splurge' on as part of our honeymoon to the Amalfi Coast in June 2007. Having researched extensively, I am torn between splashing out on a few days in the Grand Excelsior Vittoria, Sorrento or going more rustic at the Luna Convento in Amalfi - my reservations are whether the Excelsior Vitt may be a bit too stuffy for the fairly cool, twenty-something couple that we like to think we are? Also looked at Santa Caterina as that must do honeymoon hotel, but lots of reviews on this site say that it is overrated..Any thoughts much appreciated!

Ascot Vale...
Level Contributor
168 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Excelsior Vittoria - Worth the hype?

Can I suggest you have a look at La Minveretta for a cool wenty-something couple

Lancashire
Level Contributor
133 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Excelsior Vittoria - Worth the hype?

It's a lovely hotel right in the centre but have a look at a hotel called Relais Blu which opened last year.

www.relaisblu.com

It is has stunning views of the Amalfi coast and is the first boutique hotel to open along this coastline

3. Re: Grand Excelsior Vittoria - Worth the hype?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 18, 2009