We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon-Cruise out of Rome then 4 night stay in Sorrento?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seaford, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon-Cruise out of Rome then 4 night stay in Sorrento?

Hello everyone!

My fiancé and I are traveling to Europe from the US for the first time in September for our honeymoon. Planning on flying into Rome Tuesday afteroon (9/2) and staying the night in Rome before the western mediterranean cruise leaves Wednesday (9/3) and returns back to Rome the following Wednesday (9/10). We're not sure if we are going to stay another night or 2 in Rome to do some sightseeing or go straight to Naples via train after the cruise. Any advice if we should stay the extra night?

Also, we can't decide what part of Naples to stay in. The cruise actually goes to Naples for one day, but we want to go back after to really explore all the different parts and relax and enjoy the scenery. We enjoy eating,mdrinking, sightseeing and would like a day of relaxation. I hear great things about Sorrento and Positano but not sure which is a better base place to stay. We would like to take a day trip to Capri. Depending if we stay the extra night or 2 in Rome after the cruise, we would be staying in Naples from either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday until Monday.

Any advice on this itinerary? If we should stay an extra night or 2 in Rome? And what part should we spend the end of our honeymoon in?? Thanks in advance for any input!

1. Re: Honeymoon-Cruise out of Rome then 4 night stay in Sorrento?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 14, 2015