We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples Airport - never again!!!

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
769 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Naples Airport - never again!!!

I love Sorrento and have just returned for the second time BUT I will not be returning as the fiasco that is Naples Airport just spoils the holiday. The transfer back to the Airport took 3 and a half hours including the wait at terminal 2 because the coaches are only allowed to terminal 1 one at a time. Plus the security strike which meant a 2 and a half hour standing queue not knowing if we would make the flight or not (some more info as to the logistics from the rep would be an advantage). No - never again!!!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
769 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

This time we were picked up at 6.30am by Thomsons for an 11.25am flight; The first time we visited Sorrento and flew into Naples Airport we had a 15minute walk with our cases in the heat, from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2's coach park, then on the return journey we waited at Terminal 2's coach park for 1 hour before the coach could be allowed into Terminal 1 (the coaches were not in an orderly queue which meant screaming and shouting from all the drivers!) This time the wait for the coaches to get to Terminal 1 was even longer and more orderly but had nothing to do with the strike - that delay came at the Airport! Yes Thomsons did delay all their flights by approx an hour

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

Ouch, an early start - and I know what I'd have been very ready for, if stuck in the coach for that long!

But I've lost count now of how many times through the last twelve years we've used the airport ourselves, or fetched or delivered visiting friends and family, without any incidents worth recording - although of course, for most of that time, it was being run by BAA...

Shame you hit such a stinker of a day, but it really was an exception rather than a common occurrence!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

derbyshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

The joys of travelling! We have (so far) had no problems at Naples but this can happen anywhere due to weather, strikes,emergancies and volcanoes.We have had various problems over the years,in fact the longest queue/wait was getting back into Manchester through passport control .Do not let one bad trip put you off---or may be tell everyone so there is less demand for Naples flights and the prices go down!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
213 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

We are going to Naples Airport from Sorrento in a month by using Curreri bus. If it stops at terminal 2, would you suggest us rather walk to terminal 1, according to Google it is 250 meters.

Thank you.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

I doubt you'll be given a lot of choice in where they'll let you off the bus - especially if your baggage is in the "hold" under the passenger compartment?

But do appreciate that conditions like those described in the opening thread are FAR FAR from normal!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Queens Village, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

awww crap!! I'm flying into there on July 16 and flying out of there on July 22. We're going to Sorrento and flying in through Naples. Now I'm worried.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

Well, I have not had any problems at that airport - so, take it all in a measured way; not everyone is going to have a negative experience.

Queens Village, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

Thanks MomCat. Glad you pointed out that it's just an isolated event.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

sunita9381, as Peter states in Post #15 - "conditions like those described in the opening thread are FAR, FAR from normal." Also, in his Post #12 - that day "really was an exception rather than a common occurrence".

My experience with the airport has been excellent, but I didn't travel during any strikes.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
769 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Naples Airport - never again!!!

I agree that strikes do not happen every day but the situation with the coaches is ongoing and has been for at least 4 years - only one coach (with more than 6 persons on board) allowed at terminal 1 at a time, hence the long wait at terminal 2. If you fly in and out of terminal 2 there is no problem but usually you fly in to T2 and out of T1. I would advise anyone not to get the Thomson (or any other large coach) and instead to book a taxi or small 6 seater coach.