We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

My husband and I are visiting this hotel in June this year for our Silver Wedding. Can anyone help if there is a specific dress code (for men) for evening dining - (we are booked half board). We really want to know if men have to wear collared shirts with long trousers or would 'granddad style' collarless shirts with long trousers be acceptable in the evening dining rooms. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Also am I correct in saying that the hotel provide beach towels for personal use at the swimming pool and bathing platform ??

Thanking you in advance.

Waltham...
Level Contributor
375 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

there is no dress code that i saw when i stayed there in summer. towels ere available

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

In the evening long trousers are defn. required for men but shirts can be formal or informal.

Towels are provided free of charge for pool and bathing platform.

Beautiful Hotel with lovely staff.

Our favourite Hotel in Sorrento.

Enjoy your Anniversary.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

Thanks ever so much for your update ---

My husband and I first visited Sorrento around 19 years ago and stayed in Sorrento Palace hotel then.

Haven't been back since so decided to go for this Grand Royal Hotel as it was right in the town and would have beautiful views - really looking forward to it now !!!!

4. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 30, 2014